Thursday, July 3, 2008

Shopper Review - Epson Ink

My printer is currently out of ink. It's been that way for about a week because I can't really justify getting all new cartridges. One, maybe, sure. Two, I'd have to really think about it but I'd probably take the hit eventually. I have four: Black, Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta. They all ran out at the same time which is a bit like stopping at a gas station to refill your tank and then realizing that you need an oil change, new tires and that your car was stolen.

It's an Epson printer, which means that those ink cartridges are lying. It's not enough that I have to buy ink in thimble sized containers, apparently I have to refill them when they're only half empty too. All four cartridges will run me $56.01 if I buy online. Which is half the total value of the printer. I'm not really sure why plastic and ink costs so much when isn't that all pens are? If I ever paid $56 bucks for a pen I'd expect it to come after the meal with the check. I guess I don't object to Epson trying to make a quick buck or fifty it's more that they're so unoriginal about it. It'd be different if the printer just spontaneously combusted or got stigmata or something.