Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Shopper Review - Buffalo Wild Wings


Tuesday night is wing night at Buffalo Wild Wings, my friends. It has been an on-again-off-again ritual for me for several years now and I must say, my ledger has thanked me for it... or would, if I kept a ledger or even knew what one was (RIP Heath). Here's the rub, however, I used to spend 25¢ a wing. These days I pay 40¢. Up until now I'd taken every step a normal American would when faced with yet another company that wants to screw them. I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth, clutched the dingy walls of the bathroom stall I was ushered into and bent over and took it. A testament, most likely, to our fortitude as a people.
Anyway, mostly I had been convinced that I was suffering this financial burden unjustly and that my 15¢ was just lining the pockets of the corporate big shots. A quick look at BWW's investor relations page really turned things around for me. Here is a company with a broader perspective, intensely interested in fighting hunger, starting right here at home. Of course, hunger in Africa is so played, and really daunting too. Some think-on-their feet executives decided they'd target hunger in the US, starting with "Night Hunger." While the press release didn't detail a plan to give any food away to the "poor hungry", those with money can choose from a broad new array of products starting after 9pm and occasionally win prizes.

No comments: